Apprenticeship and Trades
- Red Seal Landscape Horticulturist
- Arborist Technician (Arboriculture Level 1)
- Climbing Arborist (Arboriculture Level 2)
- Field Arborist (Arboriculture Level 3)
- Utility Arborist
Grow Your Future BC showcases the opportunities for rewarding work and career paths in horticulture in BC.
The ITA leads and coordinates British Columbia’s skilled trades system. ITA works with employers, apprentices, industry, labour, training providers and government to issue credentials, supports apprenticeships, fund programs, set program standards and increase opportunities in the trades.
HortEducation.ca is a not-for-profit organisation lead by industry, for industry, to promote and support horticulture trades. HortEducation.ca assists apprentices, and employers to access training and manage apprenticeship. Some of HortEducation.ca’s services:
- Career exploration and information
- Temporary sponsorship for accessing technical training
- Learning resources
- Tax credit and grant information
- Listings and schedules for all training institutions in BC offering technical training for the trades
- Job Board for apprentices and employers with filters for apprenticeship and experience level
- Support for educators, career counselors, and youth apprentices
Youth Trades Training
Youth in British Columbia can access trades training in secondary school. Find out more about accessing these opportunities:
Secondary School Apprenticeship (SSA) – Province of B.C.
The SSA program works with the Industry Training Authority Youth In Trades program providing skill development through in-class learning and practical, hands-on work experience. Students enrolled in these courses go to work and attend high school at the same time.
ITA Youth Programs
Maybe one of British Columbia’s horticulture trades is right for you. ITA’s Youth programs give you the chance to try out different trades and get a head start on an apprenticeship while you’re still in high school. Youth attending secondary school can access the following Horticulture trades: